About Me

My photo
California, United States
Hi! You can call me Lu. This is a non-fictional blog about my life, because I need to start journaling. I hail from Southern California and am now a second year at a University of California school, studying biology. I tend to do clumsy, embarrassing things, but I at least have a ton of fun while I'm at it. This is basically my diary, so if you're reading, please respect it. :)

Monday, October 20, 2014

Maybe I Could Eat You Out a Little?

Last week was insanely busy. Never in my life have I enjoyed Mondays, but this quarter, they've been one of my more relaxing days in the week. Since last Monday, I've obviously had classes, and surf team is kicking into high gear, and I've also had things with my sorority. 

On Thursday, we had our first surf team meeting with all of our new members. It was a pot luck at The Deck (two of the girls live there), so I brought a cabbage salad and quinoa tossed with butternut squash, brussels sprouts, and carrots because I needed something to remind me not to eat the pizza.

"Leave it to you to bring the healthiest things to the party," Stephanie joked. 

She actually was right, and I figured that most of the boys would either not bring anything (because they're boys), bring chips/candy/soda (because they're boys), or bring beer (because they're boys). Following my predictions, its safe to say that we had a ton of chips, soda, candy, and beer. 

My friend, Axel, brought a plate of nachos from Freebirds (basically everyone's obsession), so I had to indulge. As I was slyly stuffing a loaded chip into my mouth, I felt someone's presence close behind me. Instinctively, I cocked my head around to find that it was one of the hottest new guys on our team, whom I had not met yet. Because I am super graceful and elegant, the nacho started spilling back into my hands... so I ran away. I think we've established that I am definitely a runner.

The meeting was really fun, and our team has great energy this year. I'm especially excited because a few of my close guy friends joined this year, so now they'll be at our competitions and we can drive together. 

"Are you going to the TG tonight?" Quincy and Jack asked me.

"Yeah, I'm planning on being Ariel," I told them. They're both in a new fraternity on campus (they were a quasi-frat last year, just not official), with whom we had a party that night. "What are you guys going to be?"

Jack decided not to go, and Quincy was going to dress up as a hyena from Lion King. Our theme was "Dirty Disney," so I expected him to make it fairly slutty. But who am I to talk when I wore a bikini top and a tutu... 

The party was pretty fun, despite the fact that I had a cling on (Stephen) for a majority of the time. I met him the other day through mutual surf friends, and after some conversation, he asked me to dance. Honestly, he was pretty hot, but I just wasn't feeling it. 

Initially, when he first tried to kiss me, I flat out rejected him, "Look I am totally sober, and I'm really not into these circumstances." He replied that he also wasn't drinking (I am still a bit skeptical), obviously not taking no for an answer. 

Which brings me to two questions:
1. Why is it not okay to tell a guy that you aren't interested? 
2. Why does friendliness often get mistaken for the thought that someone is down to bang?

I scurried off, finding some friends. Making small talk, I noticed that all the girls that I was talking with were pretty drunk, and wouldn't be of great use in my efforts to fend off Stephen. He popped by my side again, pulling me aside.

"Look I'm not into the whole party scene either, but I just really want to kiss you."

My mistake was when I gave in and started making out with him. Karma is definitely a bitch because he was a terrible kisser. I'm talking worst-ever... WORST EVER. I couldn't even kiss his upper lip, as he wouldn't let me. It was so unenjoyable that I wasn't even frustrated. I was so far beyond frustration, that I would giggle to myself from time to time because the situation was hilariously uncomfortable.

In all seriousness, making out with someone isn't the hugest deal, but I really am disappointed in myself for not telling him that I wasn't down. Which readdresses my two questions... Is it just me, or do a lot of people make it especially difficult to reject them? I've found that in the past few hookups I have had (Kevin included I guess), guys just have persisted beyond my polite "no's." Which leads me to ask, do I need to be mean to these guys? Because they obviously confuse my friendliness and nice attitude as an invitation to press and prod at me like a piece of meat. Its really fucking annoying, might I add. 

Thankfully, I ran into my friend Joe (who lives at the house), while I was headed to the bathroom. 

"Lulu! How is your night going so far?" he asked me.

"Good, I am not drinking though, so it is a little much. Are you enjoying yourself?"

"Yeah, I wasn't feeling the party so a few people and I are chilling in my room right now if you would like to join."

"I want to see your room!" I excitedly replied.

We hopped in his room to find a bunch of our friends lounging around. It was a really relaxing cap to the night, and after some conversation, Axel and I biked towards home. Asking him about Stephen since they're housemates, he warned me that I can do way better than Stephen. 

Friday night, we had a surf team party, with an awesome live band. All of our friends showed up, and it was a total blast. I ran into a bunch of friends (that don't attend our school) whom I haven't seen in a long time, so it was great to catch up. One of them was this guy, Owen. I almost hooked up with him a few years ago, but it never actually happened. Grabbing my hand, he led me to the front lawn to dance. 

Grooving with the beat pulsing through the air, I was having a blast. Owen was a great dance partner, twirling me around and swinging me from side to side. 

During a slower song, we pushed outside of the pack and he pulled me in close, building the heat and suspense between us. It had been such a long time coming, so I kissed him back when he made a move. Between making out and dancing, we enjoyed the next few songs together.

"Wanna get out of here?" he whispered in my ear. 

Obviously realizing that was code for 'lets go bang,' I politely declined. Learning from my mistake the night before, I, honestly, told Owen that I am not that kind of girl. Instead of persisting (then), he asked me for my number, and proceeded to mosh with his guy friends. 

Once I was done with the party, I offered to walk Stephanie back to her bike half a block down the street. While I was unlocking mine from the side yard, I heard my name called.

Turning around, I saw Owen walking up to us. Stephanie scooted to the side, as I said hello. 

Visibly much more drunk than when we had been dancing, he started spewing, "I know that you're a good girl, and I respect that, but come home with me. I could cuddle you, or maybe, eat you out a little--" I began audibly laughing at that point, despite any attempt to stifle an outburst. Spinning my head to my right, I witnessed Stephanie buckled over, also finding the situation hilarious. 

I kissed him goodnight (per his request) and Steph and I made our way out of there before Owen would drop to his knees, begging for some good ole' lovin. 

Its safe to say that I did not plan on going out Saturday night, so I stayed in with Jordan. 

However, Sunday was basically a drinking holiday, equivalent to Greek Christmas: Sunday Funday. Meeting at the senior house around 10:30am, we drank mimosas and munched on donuts while watching the waves beat against the cliffs. Bouncing from frat house to frat house, I met and chatted with a ton of guys. 

Far into the day, a girl in my sorority noticed that a ton of guys had been trying to get at me (I mean, who could blame them) to no avail. "Lulu, we totally knew that the frat guys would eat you up," Ali mentioned to me, playing with my hair. I probably could have used a warning but better late than never...

Ending off my day at our "brother" fraternity's house, I tossed a football around with some of the guys and mingled. Fending off some more thirsty guys (I think they're thirsty for anyone to be honest), I called it a day and biked home. 

About to make dinner, I received a call from my friend, Mitch. He asked me to go jump in the ocean, which was especially nice after the long day/week. Something that I particularly enjoy about the water, is that it truly is cleansing. No matter how rough or testing a day is, diving into crashing waves will always wash off my troubles. 

"Thank you for coming with me, I really needed that," Mitch shared with me as we walked up the beach.

Knowing that he has needed extra support from his friends lately, I jumped on his request to swim. I was thankful that he reached out to me, and that he considers me to be a close friend. I let him know that I'll always be around if he needs me, because I truly desire to help him get through whatever is troubling him. 

Cleansed, I also found myself especially thankful to wash off the past week, mistakes, hilarious encounters and everything in between. 

4 comments:

  1. Just read your entire blog! I love it, I'm really missing college now! Cannot wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have let him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely thought about it until he started making out with my hand

      Delete